12.06.2008

Am I real?

Not really sure why I'm posting this but this has been going through my head for the past 3 days am i real or am i fake? Like I really don't like it when people are fake. It's like if you want to be friends with me then be my friend and if you want to dislike me then dislike me, but a true friend can't mix the two. You can't be my friend one week and the next week act like you don't even know me. But like I've been praying a lot and asking God to help me be real, but not of this world. I've also been praying a lot for God to use me. Sometimes i feel like I'm not doing anything in the world.. i try to.. but i still have my doubts. My desire is to turn the world completely upside down for the King of kings! My actions are what people look at to see if i really walk the Walk or if I'm just a.. you guessed it, a fake! So i try to be always conscious of my actions so that i don't miss-represent my Lord. Let me tell you what i notice (little things that i notice) around me..
i notice when people say 'God Bless You' to the cashier checking them out in the grocery line,
i notice when someone gives a great big hug to someone who has hurt them deep but because they have forgiven them they love them still,
i notice when someone is joyful,
i notice when someone helps out a person who otherwise wouldn't be helped.
Those are just a few things I notice and every time when i notice one of the things above a smile crosses my face and it makes my day. So if i notice these things imagine what God notices about us?!! This all reminds me of one of my absolute favorite worship songs..

My Desire by: Jeremy Camp
You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
You want to be someone laying down your pride
You want to be someone someday
Then lay it all down before the king

You want to be whole, you want to have purpose inside
You want to have virtue and purify your mind
You want to be set free today
Then lay it all down before the king

Chours:
This is my desire, this is my return
This is my desire to be used by you

You want to be real, you want to be empty inside
And I know my heart is to feel you near
And I know my life
It's to do your will
It's to do your will

chours 1x

All my life I have seen
Where you've take me
Beyond all I have hoped
And there's more left unseen
There's not much I can do to repay all you've done
So I give my hands to use


God Bless anyone who reads this!!!

2 comments:

  1. girl, that was a blessing. Just so you know, the little things you do for the kingdom of God are affecting people greatly. You might not be able to go out around the world and minister to people, but you're minstering to those around you. You have affected my life greatly, and i'm ever so thankful!! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... your amazing ashley!! i love you too! thanks for posting that comment! :D

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)