12.26.2008

LOVE ADDICT

I want to love the people who are in others eyes "unlovely". I read a verse in the Word the other day which said..
"..Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgement, in accordance with the measure of your faith God has given you." Romans 12:3

I don't want to think of myself with any sort of cockiness in me. With that my heart cries,
Lord humble me so that I can bring you praise and worship in every aspect of my life.
I want a heart that cares for others and loves for others like Jesus' does. Though I know I can't love as much and powerful as Jesus there's no need to discourage striving to love like He does. In fact that's what He wants us to do. You know, love each as you love yourself. But you know speaking of love each other as you love yourself. (Matthew 19:19) How can you love someone as you love yourself if you don't love yourself? Aren't there TONS of girls who HATE the way they look? We as Christians job to explain to these girls that they ARE BEAUTIFUL and ARE God's PRINCESS'!~!!!!! It makes my heart ache for girls who don't believe that they are beautiful. I used to be one of those girls. But God continued working into my heart that now, though i still have my days, God loves me no matter WHAT! Once you start to love yourself, then you'll be able to love each other. Any who... a quote from Matt Pitt is this, "How can you love without compassion? You can't."
To love each other we have to have compassion for one another. Which can be difficult sometimes. You know if I wallow in self pity I can't see past myself to be able to see into someone else's problems. To have a heart to help them know Jesus and trust in Him rather than their problems. But to have compassion my heart needs to be set onto God and doing His will and having His heart. To be after God's own heart. So challenge to anyone (including myself) let's love each other like we love ourselves. We usually won't mistreat ourselves so let's not do that ti anyone else either. Well, I hope this blesses someone or challenges someone. peace <3

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Simply beautiful. I strive for the very same thing, to love and be like Jesus. After all, isn't that what we should be doing? But it's a burning desire not because that's what the Good Book says, but because it's in me.

    We need more loving people like yourself! Keep the love a spreading. It will catch on. :)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)