1.30.2009

What is Real Love?

What is real love? Does anybody know? Well according to 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Real Love looks like this, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." But can I be real for a second? Sometimes I don't want to love people, especially the ones who have hurt me. Sometimes I want to be angry at people. But Jesus said that they will know that we are His, by our love. So what good does it do for me to hate the people around me? It doesn't do a bit of good. Why? Because a) it never helps us or them b) they probably don't even care and c) it doesn't reflect who the Father is. God wants us to Love Him and love others. If we're only loving God that's not truly loving Him because He wants us to love Him with our lives and in order to do that we must do His will. That's what it is all about is glorifying God and making an impact for Him. So I'm letting go of any false love and am going to do my best to truly love everyone regardless. We tear each other down way too much. Sometimes it's better to think of one good thing that a person you don't like has. A quality. So another thing I'm gonna do and invite you to join me, is I'm going to look for at least one good thing in every person. What about you? Will you do the same? Love ya guys!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)