2.09.2009

After God's Heart

Difficult as it times can be we need to be after God's heart. Every day I long to be more like Him yet I still fall into the traps of different things. One thing can be easily angered but Jesus told us to not be easily angered and to love our neighbor as ourself. I was thinking about that the other day. How do I love my neighbors? Sometimes I don't love them and sometimes I do. But if I am really loving someone as myself then I won't say some of the things I say and I won't do some of the things I do. To really love is to have compassion. Do you have compassion for the people around you? Do I have compassion for the people around me? Sometimes I do. But sometimes if I've been hurt by a particular person then I have absolutley no compassion for anybody and the only person I think of is myself. To be after God's own heart is to know His heart and try to have a heart like His. I've really been trying to listen to God and His heart for me. I've been trying my best to listen to His voice and not my own. You know last night I was in my room and I was like, God, I really want to hear You speak and I really want to know You better. I want to reflect on Your truths everyday. And God said, look to Me. Stop looking to the people around you for comfort and for fulfillment and for compliments and look to Me. Keep Your eyes and your heart on Me. It was so beautiful and so clear. I was just so happy. So right now I'm doing my best to be completely after God's heart and I encourage you to do the same. It will CHANGE - YOUR - LIFE!!!!! There is a song and I'm sure most of you know exactly what one I'm talking about but it is by Misty Edwards and I am going to post the lyrics below. It is a beautiful worship song to God!! love.love.love you!!!



Favorite One by: Misty Edwards

Jesus,
here I am your favorite one
What are You thinking, what are You feeling?
I have to know

For I am after Your heart
I'm after Your heart
I'm after You

(repeat)

And I'll crown You with my love

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)