2.24.2009

Death by Desires

Psalm 37:4 "Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."

What is up with desires? Well, everywhere I have looked I have seen things about desires and so I though what better thing to do then to address this and post something on it. After all, there are too many people out there who are afraid to talk about certain things because it may be "uncomfortable". I guess the first to find out is what do we desire? Some of us desire...
a boyfriend/girlfriend or a wife or husband,
to be in the spotlight,
to be loved deeply,
to be a "STAR",
to be skinny,
to be beautiful,
to be a jock,
to be alone,
to make lots of money,
to travel,
to be a... whatever. There are so many desires we have (many that I didn't even mention). None the less we can't just ignore them. We need to bring them out in the open and deal with them. Not all desires are bad, but some of them are very dangerous. If you desire a man or a lady that's okay, but it's why you desire him or her that can be dangerous. If you desire a car that's okay, but if you want it more than you really should that can be dangerous. If you want to be skinny that's fine, but if you go to great measures to achieve that healthy body that can be dangerous. There are so many desires out there and so many things for us to fall into. We just need to make sure that we listen to the Holy Spirit when he tugs at us to stop before we get into something that won't honor God. That's really what its all about. None of us are perfect and none of us will ever be but we can do our best not to fail God. Today let's take a look at our desires the things that we want really bad and take them to the Cross to make sure that it is in best interest of our relationship with Jesus! love y'all!!!

4 comments:

  1. yes, He does
    and sometimes we are so blind we don't even notice.......!!!
    it has happened to me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! In the past I always got caught up into what I wanted. I come to realize its not want I want its what God wants. God knows what is best for me. Now when I pray I ask God to give me what he wants or if he sees fit then let it be. This has saved me a lot of heartache and pain. Good post! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great post! Oh how I've missed reading your blog. Looking forward to reading more. You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)