3.25.2009

Just Listen

So, I really don't know what it is but lately things about listening to Christ have been popping up everywhere and then God began teaching me about that. There are a lot different things we struggle with and one of mine would be listening. Everyone who knows me knows I LOVE to talk and that is not always a good thing. But I know that one thing everyone needs to do is listen to God and that is one of the hardest things for me. I read on Stephanie Smith's blog (http://www.stephanieisagirl.com/) a story about listening to God and it just proves that when we listen to God we can be a blessing to the people around us just by listening to what God calls us to do. And so then I read something on a person who almost missed what God had for them but decided it is always best to listen to God before you miss out on something that will majorly change your world!! The thing is though, that sometimes if we aren't willing to listen to what God is telling us to do then God will find someone else who will listen and their life will be blessed. Matthew tells us that many are called but few are chosen. Why is that? I think it's because the many likes knowing that they are called, but few will choose to go forth radically and do what their purpose in life is. I've spent a lot of time thinking about God's calling and whatever He calls me to do and thinking that, what if it were something really tough to give up? What if it weren't something that I really wouldn't want to do? Would I be willing to do it anyway? Or would I just say, you know what, I don't want to? I would hope that I will do God's will regardless of what it is. Really not knowing what God may call me to do in the future I can't say what I would do. That's just honest. But right now I'm doing His will no matter what. The purpose of this post is just to remind myself and you to take some time out today whether it's for 10 minutes or an hour to just listen to the King (and talk with Him) and see if there is something God wants you to do that maybe you have been ignoring and not willing to do but now you want to surrender. Whatever it may be.. just remember to listen.

love you peoples~!!! blessings to you!

4 comments:

  1. Listen. Good post and good advice. Thanks
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been doing as much blog-reading lately as I formerly did, but I'm glad I happened upon this. It's always so awesome to get encouragement in my Walk with God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your're right, completely right. I love to talk but realise that listening can be even more of a blessing! :)

    Thank you for your last comment about if you wanted to pray for anything over me. That means so much. Even though I am not a Christian I am humbled everyday by the power of prayer for people. The only miracle I would like answered at the monment is for Stellan at MckMama's blog to bea healed.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)