3.20.2009

Me, me, me, me, ME!!!!!

It's all about ME! That's a problem all of us have. Thinking about ourselves lots more than we do about others. I have struggled with this so much I can't even tell you. God always lets me know when I am outta line and need to evaluate my mindset and my heart. The mindset of 'life is all about me' or 'life revolves around me' is a very dangerous and bad mindset. In Acts 20:35 it says, "...And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " Really it is! Giving of yourself to God and giving of yourself to people. Pouring into people's lives is so rewarding for your heart and your life. Getting to tell people about Jesus is so awesome!! But when we spend all our time thinking about ourselves we miss out on sooo much! God wants to bless you and me so much but if we are thinking about only ourselves then we won't be as blessed. I'm going to do my best this month to make sure that I have my eyes set on Jesus and love Him with everything inside of me and also to do a little bit of pouring into people's lives and spending time and taking time to love on people. I want to keep the focus off of myself and onto Jesus. To reflect the Son to the people around me because that's really why I am here. So I wanna know if you guys will join me in keeping our minds on Jesus not on ourselves. I'm not saying that caring for yourself if bad because it isn't. God wants you to take care of you, but there is such a thing as too much of that. So pray about your life and your focus to see if maybe you need a little bit of rearranging in your heart. Hope you all have a blessed weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully said! I know a lot of people who are all about themselves and they are missing out on a lot. I would rather do something to glorify God than to glorify myself. Keep the posts coming! I enjoy reading them. i know others do too! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this.
    It definitely was a reality and spiritual check for me literally within the past few minutes with how my attitude was.
    I greatly appreciate how you go about your blog. It's a blessing :) <3
    -jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully said!
    ITs hard, especially in this world, not , to think about ourself, but that one of the reasons God is there and thats to help us ;)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)