4.11.2009

Easter Weekend! WOO!

Well, we all know that this weekend is Easter weekend. But many of us don't know why we celebrate Easter. I look around me and all I see is what we can get from Easter. You get the Easter bunny or something special from your husband or wife or lots of food or whatever. Which that stuff is fine, but I think our focus is being cut off from what it needs to be on. This weekend is a celebration and a time to humble ourselves at the foot of the Cross. Jesus died. That's the AWESOME thing He did for YOU! Not for your neighbor, not for the person sitting next to you at church, but individually He died for you! Jesus' core purpose on this earth was to die for you, so that you could LIVE for Him. That is true life. In Luke 23 it gives the Crucifixion very detailing. Verses 39-43 says this,

"Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, "If You are the Christ, save yourself and us." But the other, answering, rebuked him saying, "Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong." Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your Kingdom." And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise."

I love that! The fact that even while Jesus right there, dieing on the Cross for us, He was still bringing people to the Father! That is the power Jesus Christ has. Maybe you don't understand what He did for you willingly. Let me tell you that when Jesus was in court people blasphemed Him, slapped Him and beat Him. The Roman soldiers flogged Him so badly because in their time there was no limit to how many times they could hit someone. Let me tell you that back then, what they hit you with wasn't anything like a gun or a knife. No! It was much more painful. They had whips, with pieces of glass, broken pottery, nails and whatever else they could find tied to the end of the whips. They dipped it in goats blood because that acts as glue to skin and there was much infection in goats blood which could kill you before you even made it to the end of the beating. You may be thinking, 'I don't wanna know this.' And that's okay, some people don't need details to know what Jesus did for them, but some people just really don't get it until they KNOW it.

On top of the beating they forced Him to carry His own Cross. Then, while He was on the Cross they cast lots for His clothing. FOR HIS CLOTHES!!!!!! This Man, whom did absolutely nothing but tell them the Truth, was being brutally killed while they played games for His clothing. In the Word it tells us that Jesus, while on the Cross, said this, "I am thirsty." Many of the people then and now believe that He was saying He was thirsty for something to drink. And who knows. But I believe that Jesus was speaking to the devil basically saying, "Hey, is this all you got? 'Cause I am thirsty." We'll never know until we meet Him but I like to think of it that way. You have to understand. Jesus was/is a WARRIOR. Nothing less of One could go through all that and still have strength. When Jesus died that's where sin died. That's where sin could no longer have a hold on any one of us any longer. Nor death. Three days later Jesus rose! He rose from the dead and showed Himself to His disciples. Guess what?!! That was God showing us that very day, that sin which = death no longer could have a hold on us all because of One Man choosing to die for life.

I want to encourage you reading this right now, don't give up on Christ. If you haven't excepted Him into your heart I highly encourage you to do so. There is a prayer on the side of my blog which you can pray and in that instant Christ wraps you in His arms and Heaven throws a huge party because YOU are now SAVED. Don't forget what our King did for us. In the song Amazing Love it says, Amazing Love, how can it be? That You, My King, would die for me." That's right, OUR KING died for us, so will you die to yourself and live for Him? Only you can decide that.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THIS, JESUS WAS SAYING ON THAT CROSS, TO YOU, "YOU ARE WORTH IT!"

God bless you all, love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Jesus Christ died for us...What other man would do that for us? Jesus Christ is my Lord and my Savior. He is the the truth, the way, and the light. Amen! I enjoy coming here reading your posts. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)