4.01.2009

"I can't Stop!"

Galatians 5:22 says,
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. Against such there is no law"

Well, when I was reading this God just spoke right there the minute my eyes crossed over self control. You know, sometimes it's hard to say stop to something. There a many things that are very difficult to just say stop to. Here are a few:

anger (ever tried to stop arguing? Sometimes isn't it just really hard?),
food,
buying things,
being with that guy or girl (and not kissing them or going too far),
swearing,
your weight,
drinking... etc.

I've had my fair share of things that took so long to get under control. The thing is was that I always told myself about that particular thing that I had no problem and it was all under control. But so many times that was just a lie to make myself feel better. And you know the other was that I always tried to help myself on my OWN.

But guess what? You can't help yourself alone. God is there for a reason! He wants to love on you and you love Him back and He wants to help you through this hard life. He walks side by side with you all through life whether you acknowledge Him or not. And the great things about stuff we can't control is that we were never created to deal with them on our own. Jesus doesn't expect us to do it on our own. All we have to do is say, "Savior, I need help. I can't control this myself, will You help me?" And in that instance the Father wraps His arms around you and says, "Yes, I will." You may be thinking to yourself, whoa I can do that? Yeah you can! Just take a look at what He wrote to you,

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

You better believe that because it is sooo TRUE!! I've experienced it all first hand and let me tell you that there is nothing better than willingly telling God you can't do it and need Him because it seems, no it is, that you will be a whole lot more blessed than you ever thought you could be. So give a try, if there is something your having difficulty controlling go to the Father and ask Him for His help because with a smile He will!!! love you all!!!!!!!

2 comments:

What ya' got to say? :)