4.03.2009

It's up to Him

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

When I was growing up I heard that verse above over and over again and soon it didn't mean a thing to me. Maybe that was because I wasn't open to the Lord just yet. Anyhow, this amazing thing the Lord is teaching me is trust. I know that may sound kinda weird, but trusting isn't the easiest thing to do. One of the hardest things for me actually. But recently God has brought me to a point to where I know that no matter what is going on in my life I can completely trust Him with all my heart and not worry about a thing. It's easier said than done, but it is worth it.

Life has been somewhat hard this week and I haven't known where to turn except to God (which is the only One to turn to :) and I've been praying trying to figure out what God's will is and what He wants me to be doing. Finally I am learning that He will show me in His timing and I just need to TRUST HIM. It's all up to Him. It's so easy to say, "Just trust God, He will always pull through for you." But it's harder to believe.

There are many examples in the Bible of people completely trusted God. There is (in no particular order) Paul, Ruth, Naomi, Esther, John, Sarah, Job, David, Jonathan, Mary, etc. They knew their God, that God the Father will come through for all of His children. I'm reminded of a movie I like, Rudy. Ever seen that movie? Well, you should go rent it if you haven't! Rudy was a small guy, from a fairly small family yet he had a dream to play football at Notre Dame. He didn't care that the whole world was telling him that he couldn't do it that he was "too small" throughout the movie you see him work his butt off and he also prays to God because he knows that if there is any One who can achieve the impossible it is God! Won't ruin the movie for ya, but Rudy trusted God with his life and is richly blessed by that.

That's what we can have too is RICH BLESSINGS. But only if we trust God with everything we have. Our lives, our thoughts, our money, our house, our whole beings. All of it. Believe God when He says, "I will direct your paths." Because it's true! I'm still in the process of learning that. Hope you have a richly blessed weekend!!! i love you all soo soo much!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amen!!! What a great post. Yes putting our full trust in the Lord is so imporant. He is the only one to turn to. This was perfect timing for me, as I too am going through some trials this week, have been praying, but not patient. I so needed this. Thank you! God's perfect timing. We will wait upon the Lord!
    Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. Trust in the Lord is very important and sometimes it doesnt come easy. I am so glad that you are finding Trust easier now....it will bless you.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)