4.27.2009

Just Be Yourself!!!

"I PRAISE YOU FOR I AM FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE." PSALM 139

Let me ask you a question, are you at peace with yourself? It seems everyone I talk to hates something about themselves whether it's their body, the way they talk, what color hair they have and so on. I mean, believe me, I have had my issues with my body, but if we truly believe that verse above we will learn to make peace with whatever it is that we don't like about ourselves. Of course that is way easier said than done.

The fact that it is getting warmer means that spring/summer clothing is coming out which means less cloth, more skin. Which is fine, except for the people who hate the way they look, then they think it's the worst thing in the world. Let's just start the process of coming to peace with yourself...

If you need to lose weight, then there really is no getting around that. God tells us that our bodies are to be holy to Him and honor Him. That means through our clothing and through our healthiness. But God wants you HEALTHY not SKINNY, not STICK THIN, but healthy! Really it is a lot easier than we make it when wanting to lose weight. All you have to do is eat smaller portions and healthier food. I enjoy working out and if you want to work out but can't get to the gym (like me) then there are a few work out DVDs I can suggest to you. The absolute best one I have found is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. It works out everything in just 20 minutes!! If that's not your style then you can get Denise Austin's Blast Away the Pounds InDoorWalk. It's not the same as physically going for a walk and seeing the trees and the birds, but it works. :)

Okay now for the other problems ha ha...

Some notes I took from Matt Pitt of The Basement were these..

"If you don't like the way your thigh jiggles, make peace with it! Jiggle that thigh all day until you finally make peace with it."

"If you don't like the way your toe is shaped, make peace with it. It's the toe God gave you and it has a purpose."

"If you don't like that bump on your nose, make peace with it. Before God and your nose say, 'Lord, I don't know why You put this bump on my nose, but I choose to make peace with it, 'cause it's Your creation."

Whatever it is take it to the Lord and tell Him why you don't like it, and then choose to make peace with it. Your gonna have those "funny looking" feet for the rest of your life, if you are constantly at war with them, how can you be thankful for them? You can't!

So make peace with yourself today because you are beautiful. And most importantly remember that you are FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!!!

i love you all!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Please read my newest blog entry :)
    Haha, I mention this for myself along the way, and HAD to comment on this :)
    You are a wonderful inspiring writer! and God Bless you with it all <3
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am. hehehe! But yeah, I had more struggles about my appearance when I was younger before GOD transformed me completely.

    I've been reading a teen book and almost all of it is about physical appearance and identity in this world. I think it is but normal especially in the celebrities world how they show superficiality and express being perfect physically is the greatest thing ever which is false.

    "Have you ever seen yourself as GOD sees you?" ~Glimpses of an Invisible GOD

    I agree about HEALTHY! I have email subscriptions from Denise Austin and she is awesome. She also suggests some emotional thingies that has something to do physically.

    Matt Pitt is an anointed speaker. He surely has great insights to share every time. GOD is anointing him a lot. A great servant of GOD never runs out of anointing and insights.

    You are a great servant for sharing what you have learned. And you know what? Whatever other people say about you, you are beautiful in GOD's eyes! No one could level up to that. The Creator of the Universe sees you as a beautiful soul inside and outside. That's so amazing!

    I LOVE this post! I believe that the youths today will make a huge impact on this world. Just let GOD be your life. You are gifted, my friend. Definitely, gifted. I LOVE your blog! I certainly thank GOD that I was able to find you in this blog world.

    And so...PEACE OUT!

    GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

    iLoveYou, my dear co-heiress in CHRIST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, meaningful post! This is one I definitely needed. I keep trying to remind myself it's putting Him down when I complain about how I look as He is the one who created us. Thanks for the reminder and the lift!
    Hugs, love, and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for writing about Matt, he is an awesome guy. I am so glad we are friends. I am a part of the Basements drama and worship team. As you have said.. We are not Perfect Just forgiven...

    Thanks for supporting my best friend.

    Carli.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)