4.13.2009

My Mind Is Hurting Me!

Yeah, it's true that your mind can hurt you. How do I know? you may ask yourself. Because I have learned so first hand. I thought that my thinking patterns didn't really matter... that they were just that, thoughts, and only thoughts. But quickly have I learned that what you dwell on during the day can hurt your relationship with Christ. Thankfully He showed me!

In Matthew Jesus tells us, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." (Matthew 22:37 NKJV)

However, I ignored God time and time again the past month when He has been telling me to get rid of the things in my mind that are hurting my relationship with Him. Some thoughts were, I don't like her or him or no one understands me or they like her better than they like me. And soon after that they become more than just thoughts. They became my life. More than just in my mind, it transferred into my heart. Once it's in your heart it just becomes tougher and tougher to get out of your life.

After about 3 weeks of ignoring God, wrestling with God, and being stubborn. I finally realized that the only was that I can be usable by God is if He has complete control over my life. So I SURRENDERED. May I say that is a blessing!! *Breathes in after being set free* When you are set free from something there is nothing like it in the world. So this is just a story to let you know that if God is tugging at your heart to get rid of something that can hurt you, it may be a painful process, but it will definitely be sooo much better after you do! love you all!! blessings~

3 comments:

  1. This is very true. What we think can cause harm on our relationship with Jesus Christ. We have to be careful what we think about...Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I agree. I'm glad that you are letting GOD minister you your every being so that HE can use you mightily in HIS Kingdom. It is great to know that you are learning a lot about humility and submission to GOD. Thank you for sharing this one. So many need to learn this.

    The mind is the battleground.

    I'd like to share something from my sister's blog preached by Pastor Cesar Castellanos from Colombia...

    "5. Guard your mind (Proverbs 4:23)
    You cannot contemplate any thought that does not come from God. Do not allow the enemy to speak to you through his thoughts. Silence that voice; rid yourself of it in the name of Jesus. Your mind is sacred. Satan will always try to conquer it because he knows if he succeeds he will be able to dominate the rest of your being, don’t allow this."

    Matthew 9:4
    Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, "Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

    “We capture every thought and make it give up and obey Christ” (2 Cor. 10:5). Change the thoughts, and you change the person. ~Max Lucado

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)