4.18.2009

Searching for Souls

"My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and on every high hill; yes, My flock was scattered over the whole face of the earth, and no one was seeking or searching for them." Ezekiel 34:6

Wow, it absolutely sticks me in awe with God reveals things like the verse above to me. Everything is finally piecing together. God has been teaching me so much and really I was trying to figure out why He was teaching me some of it and finally I know, we are all on this earth for one purpose and that is to know God and make Him known. But I believe that for the majority that verse in Ezekiel is exactly what we are doing. Not searching for lost souls.

However, there are a few people (hopefully you) who choose to defy the odds and go find some lost souls and tell them about the amazing Man who died for them. I hear people say all the time, "I just wanna tell someone about Jesus." And for many times that person was me. But we never think to physically go out and find that person. I pray all the time for God to bring people to me to tell about Him which is good, but maybe I should instead, be praying for courage to reach out to people and go to them. Sometimes it's easy to find people and other times it's hard. I mean, don't you have bad days when you just really don't want to tell people about Jesus? I do. But we gotta keep out priorities straight and make sure that we are truly doing His will.

We as Christians have the power to tell someone out there in the world that life is not hopeless and that Jesus is NOT dead HE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! But we can all rest assured if we haven't been seeking people because God tells us in Ezekiel 34:16 "I will seek what was lost and bring back what was driven away, bind up the the broken and strengthen what was sick."

So I challenge to you and to myself to physically go out search for someone who needs some hope. As the quote goes, "You may be the only Bible someone ever reads." Let them see Jesus' love shining brightly through your life. Let them see the true Love of the Father in you. You'd be surprised what a simple 'how are you?' and staying to really listen to what the person's response is, can bring an opportunity for you to tell them about Jesus Christ!!! I love you guys!! Hope you all have a blessed weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. Amen! I'm with you on this! Let's spread the greatness! You are such a wonderful person. Have a beautifully blessed weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the gift of encouragement and evangelism. You have the willing heart, as well. GOD is and will use you mightily in HIS ministry so never stop sharing to anyone you meet.

    I definitely agree on this one! A beautiful revelation. You gave me an insight again. hehehe! Oh and I was a backslider so I absolutely experienced Ezekiel 34:16. So beautiful. GOD's Promises are so beautiful. GOD IS GREAT!!!

    I like the quote you shared. I want to be that kind of Bible. And I love you, too, my dear friend. You are such a blessing. Continue to grow in GOD and be transformed by HIM. Completely.

    I also agree with the "how are you?" It's so true. Especially, for some, they really need that. And being able to really listen to that person is already a huge blessing for him/her. I can relate to that. It was a lesson for me. GOD truly burdens our hearts to win more souls for HIM. Isn't it amazing? A very beautiful burden to carry. A different kind of burden.

    GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY, my dear co-heiress in CHRIST! P.U.S.H.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)