4.25.2009

Starting slow, Finishing Strong

Well, God has been teaching me a lot about my life with Him. He has been teaching me that it's not about how I start my relationship with Him as much as it is how I finish it. It's just like a race, in a race you can start slow and weak and at the end of it be very strong. That's what a relationship with Jesus Christ will do, make you stronger for sure, by the end. We all know that through the Word of God, the end times will come. And weather we are around when they come or not, we all need to consider how our lives look right now, and how the outcome would be if Jesus were to come back right now.

I have been thinking about this a lot. I know that right now my relationship with my King is not as strong as I want it to be and it's not where it needs to be. I'm just being honest. If Jesus came back tonight, I would be ashamed of the way He would find me. I'm not proud admitting it, but the Word says to confess your sins to your friends and I consider you bloggies (blog readers) my friends!! :) Right now Jesus is in the process of showing me the places in my life and in my heart that need to be changed.

There are many verses in the Bible that give us the picture of our lives with Jesus being like a race. Here are a few..

Galatians 5:7, "You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth?"

I wanna talk about that verse for a minute. This one hit close to home because sometimes I see myself allowing the world to make my faith in Him shake a little bit and it's like the verse says, I was running a good race and then got off track. Good thing that the Lord is so faithful in showing us when we need to be extremely careful. Okay back to some verses,

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." 1 Corinthians 9:24

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

We need to keep going even when the going gets tough, and don't worry, God will carry you when you don't think you can go anymore. When you are tired, when you are worried, when you are worn out, God will pick you up in His loving arms and carry you to the finish line. I would be lying to you if I told you that it was going to be easy, because being a Christian is way hard but way worth it!!!!!!! There are going to be times that you are going to have stand alone, and that is where true faithfulness to our Lord is shown. I want to encourage you that if you are tired and if you are feeling alone and if you are just really wanting to quit... DON'T! Because it will be okay, let Jesus know you are tired and He will carry you through the race to the finish line! Remember, it's not how you start the race it's how you finish it! i love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Word!! I really needed this. Your blog is so incredible. Thanks for following where the Lord is leading you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)