4.22.2009

Walking in the World

God has been showing me how to be a set apart, leader for Him. Not for my sake and not for my glory. Every thing I say is something that He has shown me and something that He has placed on my heart. With that said, God has been showing me specifically about walking in the world but not of it.

On the news all I hear is hopelessness being talked about. How the economy is SO bad and it will be very hard to fix and all this stuff and while it is not to be taken too lightly it is also something not to be allowed to overtake your life with worry and stuff. Why? Because God is in control. Instead of calling it 'our economy' how about we call it 'God's economy' because He is ultimately the One in control.

Jesus has taught me something extremely important. And that is to walk in the world with hope and not with hopelessness. "Walk by faith and not by sight." And I was thinking about it, what if we really did walk by FAITH like when people are saying there is nothing you can do about the economy you can say, "Yes there is, I can pray because it is all in God's plan and in His hands." or when someone tells you that life is just too hard you can say, "It's hard sometimes, but it is well worth living it to God's glory!!"

Walking in the world and not being of it isn't as hard as we make it. If we truly get to know our King and if we truly settle ourselves within Him, then we will become content with who He is and not with what the rest of the world is thinking or doing. What the rest of the world says your "missing out on" is actually not missing out on anything at all because when you know your God and I mean truly know Him you have found what you are to live for and that is all that matters!!

So I want to encourage my brothers and sisters out there not to be moved by the world and it's lies and quote "standards" but to stand firmly in the place that God has for you to stand and be in His standards. love you all so much!! God Bless~

"When we are set free from the bondage of pleasing others, when we are free from currying others' favor and others' approval- then no one will be able to make us miserable or dissatisfied. And then, if we know we have pleased God, contentment will be our consolation." Kay Arthur

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)