5.22.2009

"DO Them, Then Teach Them."

"...but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the Kingdom of Heaven." Matthew 5:19

The verse above came from Jesus speaking about the commandments of God, doing His will. This verse isn't used very much but we can learn a lot from it. Notice something about the verse, Jesus said whoever DOES and teaches them, shall be great in the Kingdom of Heaven. He spoke 'does' first, not 'teach'. And it really got me thinking about my life and the lives of others around me. Don't we always teach God's will to others first and then maybe DO them here and there? I know I have. But nobody likes a hypocrite and your example is a lot stronger than your words.

But Jesus said whoever does them, and then teaches them will be great in God's Kingdom. It is so easy to tell people to do something but it is alot harder to physically do them ourselves. So I am challenging myself to checking out my life to see if I am doing God's will and not just teaching them to the people around me. And I challenge you to do the same. I know we will all be rewarded greatly for living out God's commandments and standards. We can be such an example that can change the world. But only if we unite together, regardless of denomination, and stand for Christ. I love y'all and hope you have a greatly blessed weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. you're so right...

    God's word is SO RIGHT :)


    THE first thing that came to my mind was my students and me as their teacher...
    I want to be an influnce to them not just in the things I say but in the THINGS I DO.


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message today! This one hit home for me earlier this year. If we don't walk the walk then nobody will listen to us talk. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thoughts! I really enjoy your blog. I think we all need to check ourselves from time to time to see if we are practicing what we are preaching. It's a skill that we all must attempt to perfect. I hope you'll check out my blog as well. http://www.theologicallyeclectic.com

    Blessings,
    Mr. Woolf

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)