5.06.2009

Made To Be Uncommon

I heard this song by Greg Long a couple of weeks ago and it touched my heart so deeply and has helped me focus on my life right now and how it looks. The song speaks of being uncommon for Jesus Christ and looking different isn't a bad thing. Looking at my life I can see some things that need to get out of it, but I also see the potential that God has for my life to be uncommon. AND yours TOO!!

God has so much planned for you (yes, YOU reading this right now, God has a plan for YOU!!!) and He just wants you to surrender to Him so He can reveal those plans to you. I have recently learned that life is a lot more blessed and honoring to God if you will surrender to Him instead of kicking back and forth. I've wrestled with some things and now I know that surrender is the only possibility. God has never not once provided for my every need and I know that He won't stop. If something bad is happening in your life just remember that God is WITH you.

To be uncommon we need to be set apart and to be set apart we need to be willing to look and be different. Why is it that in this world if you look different your persecuted? I don't know, but I do know that suffering for the cause of Christ is the biggest honor I could EVER have!! I want to challenge you to be different on the inside and on the outside. Don't look, talk, or act like the rest of the world. Be who God created YOU to be. The lyrics to Uncommon are below, I think it would be a good idea to read them or listen to song on a website. blessings and love to all of you~! And remember God made you to be uncommon, because you are special!!

Uncommon by Greg Long
What if there's something bigger for me out there
Than the comfort of a life on this middle ground
I've played it safe but now I can't help but wonder
If maybe I've been missing out
'Cause I look around and see a sea of people
Everybody's moving in the same direction
And I think it's time for me to break away, break away

Chorus:
I want to finally take the road less traveled
I want to run away from anything typical
I want the world to see the life I'm living
And call it uncommon

What if the right thing was harder than the wrong thing
But I did it anyway
Standing strong even when no one else was watching
What if I really lived that way
Every heart has its defining moment
This is mine and I'm not gonna miss it

Chorus:
I want to finally take the road less traveled
I want to run away from anything typical
I want the world to see the life I'm living
And call it uncommon

I don't care if it makes me look different
I'm never letting go of my conviction
Let the world see the life I'm living
And call it uncommon

I'm done with the easy way out I'm done with the easy way out
Done with the easy way out With the easy way out

What if I made it to the end of my days here
Only to find that my legacy was nowhere to be found
I don't want to waste another second
Give me the strength to start right now
Right now, right now, right now, right now, right now, right now
I take the road less traveled
I want to run away from anything typical
I want the world to see the life I'm living
And call it uncommon
I don't care if it makes me look different
I'm never letting go of my conviction
Let the world see the life I'm living
And call it uncommon
Uncommon
Call it uncommon
I'm done with the easy way out

3 comments:

  1. I heard this song for the first time yesterday. It is awesome and so true. It is so easy to go with the flow, to look, act and be like the world. I'm sure glad Jesus choose to be uncommon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. One of my favorite songs is "I want to be different". I hope that the difference that people see in me is LOVE.
    Judy

    p.s. I love your blog design. teeheehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh first I gotta ask...do you have a blog layout OCD? I do. hehehe!

    I agree. I want to be uncommon and different in a way that GOD is being glorified in my life but would not make me conforming to the world.

    "I have recently learned that life is a lot more blessed and honoring to God if you will surrender to Him instead of kicking back and forth." ~True. Very wise words.

    "God has never not once provided for my every need and I know that He won't stop." ~Oh was this right? Just gotta check.

    Thank you for sharing this song. I haven't heard this yet. I'll listen to it tonight.

    GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

    iLoveYouSoMuch, my dear co-heiress in CHRIST!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)