5.11.2009

Step Out and Be A Leader

"He has showed you, oh man, what is good. And what does the Lord ask of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with our God." Micah 6:8

What does it take to be a leader? Well Micah 6:8 pretty much lays it all out there for us. To be an effective leader for Christ we must..
  • Act justly,
  • Love mercy,
  • And walk humbly with the Lord

Not as complicated as we think. And considering all the sin we commit God doesn't ask much of us at all. But when it comes to being a leader we fail a lot of times. Good thing we serve a God of mercy and forgiveness however if we sin knowingly that's not right at all.

I really want to be a leader and bring others to Christ but my downfall comes from not wanting to step out of my comfort zone and give of myself. To save souls you do have to give of yourself and that isn't going to be easy which leads me to ask myself and you if you are willing to do the hard thing that in the long run will have been easy? I choose right now to be a 'step out of my comfort zone' leader. I hope that you will join me.

In my time with the Lord today He pointed me to a verse that I'd forgotten until now. Luke 10:2 says, "The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few..." and I believe that to be true. So many times we want to do great things for God's Kingdom and He provides absolutely everything we need to achieve that yet when the time comes to give of ourselves and to step out of our comfort zone we just don't want to do it. Sometimes it's because it is uncomfortable and other times it's because we think we can't speak well or people will think we're weird but if we truly believe in our faithful Savior and that He IS faithful and will provide for our every need then we can confidently walk in Him and share who He is everywhere we go. As the saying goes, "You don't have to go anywhere to witness if you witness everywhere you go." You can be that "few" out in the world who actually labors to save souls. We can start a revolution around the world!!

So as the week goes on I challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone and be an impactful leader and I ask you my dear brother or sister in Christ, to join me. This is a hurting world looking for a healer in every place and we can introduce them to THE Healer who can help their hurt deep inside of them. So will you join me in this fight? I hope you will.

love to you all!! blessings as well!

1 comment:

  1. I have struggle with stepping out of my comfort zone too. No time like the present! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)