5.28.2009

Where Is Your Heart?

Matthew 15:8-9 says, "These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

I want to start this post off with asking you, where is your heart? This week has been filled with some soul-searching, prayer, listening, weeping, and much more. And so when I was having my Jesus-time yesterday I ran across that verse. It got me to thinking, is that what our generation is doing? Looking like they are a Christian, but their heart is not in it. God tells us that He will not reward half-hearted faith. He wants all of us or none of us. Really thinking about that has brought me to my knees and definitely showed me that there are areas in my life that need to be checked out and find out if my whole heart is in God- when I worship Him, spend time with Him and live for Him.

It is so easy to look like your doing the "right" things but not really living that way. And even though we can fool people and put a mask on it, we CANNOT fool God. Let me say that again, WE (you and me) CANNOT FOOL THE LORD!!!!!!! We may think we can but God knows all and sees all and He knows when our hearts are not in the right, and when we are just "doing" something to do it. But the AWESOME thing is this, God will help us out with all our struggles and He will listen when you tell Him that you know your heart isn't right and He will fix up your heart and make it more like His, but it won't be easy and there will be things that will need to be sacrificed. But it will be so worth it. So while I am seeking to rid my heart of all things that take my focus off of God or give me false faith, I ask you if you will join me in seeking to have the REAL DEAL Faith in Jesus Christ that is not mere words, but a lifestyle? I hope you will because our examples can and will change the world!

I love you all! God bless~!!!

2 comments:

  1. What an excellant post! Our Pastor brings up this very subject often. There are so many that pretend, put on a face, but their hearts are not in it, as he calls them, "part time Christians." I have to admit, it is too easy to fall into that trap. I do. I feel terrible for it and repent as soon as I realize it. I want nothing more than to be a full time Christian, with my heart totally His never wavering.
    I have a couple of awards waiting for you too.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)