6.01.2009

The Cheerful Giver

"So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

For God loves a cheerful giver. I love that part of the verse but thinking about it, how many times do we give cheerfully? For me I don't give very easily. I'm just being honest here. Sometimes I am selfish and don't want to give. To be there are 2 kinds of givers. The first giver is the one gives because they feel they "have" to. But as we see in the verse above we aren't supposed to give out of necessity, but from our heart. And the second giver is the cheerful giver who gives of themselves everyday without complaining. I think we all start out as the first giver and gradually over time, God molds us into cheerful givers.

Giving isn't always giving money or clothes or whatever, sometimes giving is letting someone have some of your time or giving your ears to listen to someone. How many times do you let someone have your time when you have it, but other times it's an "inconvenience" to stop and give someone some of your time because your "too busy"? I'm not condemning you because I am the same way, but wouldn't it rock the world if we gave of ourselves cheerfully not only to God, but also to people. Just simply taking out the time to listen or talk with someone. Or giving God some of the time that you use to do other things, and give that time to Him to pray or worship or read His Word.

My challenge to you and myself this week is to give some of yourself cheerfully. Search your heart and ask God what you can give to Him and others this week. I love yall!! have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)