6.26.2009

Just Okay

Just okay. That is life without God. When I left the Lord earlier in life I was okay but could not find out why I was 'just' okay. That is until I came back to Him to find out that there is a God-shaped hole in my heart that (for an obvious reason) can only be filled by Him. But we tell ourselves that there is something out in the world that will satisfy us and so we go out looking for it only to find that He above us is the ONLY ONE who can.

Life without the Lord is life without purpose, True Love, true satisfaction, etc. It's what I call the "just okay" life. We have all been there at one point or time. Some of us go a bit farther away than others but none-the-less we have gone astray and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). People without God find themselves filling out this sentence, "I'm not okay because _______." But most of them fill that blank with, "I don't have enough stuff." or "I don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend." or "I don't have enough friends." or "I don't have my dream job."

What have you filled in that blank with? Can I just be real with you? Well, the only way that sentence can be complete is if you finish it with, "because I do not have Christ and without Him my life is incomplete." Then you have it. You know Who you need and that's where a relationship with Him can get started if you want one to. Till you have a true relationship with Jesus Christ no thing, person, or job can satisfy you. If you want this true satisfaction I'm telling you about and you want to experience it for yourself then pray the prayer on the side of my blog. It's colored in pink.

We as people don't have to be only okay. We can be great, happy, amazing, incredible, joyful... why? Because Jesus saved us all!!! He saved you and He saved me. That's what matters and because He saved us we don't have to settle for being okay.

I wanted to share with you a song that is so true. It's by The Afters and it's called never going back to ok here are the lyrics. Please read them. =)

The After - Never Going Back to Okay
It's not the end but it feels like it is
I'm waking up like I'm back from the dead
I'm stepping out and it feels so free
But as long as I'm moving it's alright
I feel alive and it hurts for a change
I'm looking back
It's hard to believe that I was cool with the days that I wasted
Complacent and tasteless
And bored but that was yesterday

chorus:
We're never going back to okay
(Okay)
We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We're never going back to okay

(Okay)
(Okay)
(Okay)
(Okay)
(Okay)
(Okay)

This discontent
Like a slap in the face
A mediocre I've had enough of this place
This party's over and I'm moving away from the frills of your Beverly Hills
That was yesterday

chorus x1

We're never going back to easy
We're never going back to the way it was
We're never going back to okay (Okay)
We're never going back to okay
We're never going back to okay (Okay)
We're never going back to the way it was
We're never going back to okay
We're never going back to okay

(Okay)
(Okay)
(Okay)

be blessed you guys!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)