6.14.2009

One Or Two Miles?

"Any whoever compels you to go one mile, go with him two." Matthew 5:41

Okay I take it that God has been trying to teach me something through this verse and I am starting to understand what that is. I tend to take a lazy approach to some things especially when it comes to doing work. I've been trying to be better at that but have been failing repeatedly. Finally I think God was like, "I gotta get her attention." So He took this verse and through a couple people spoke it and now I am in full attention mode.

Through this verse God not only calls us to serve, but He is telling us, not only does He want us to serve and do what we need to, but also don't be afraid to go above and beyond and do MORE, or 'go the extra mile'. If I do work I usually only do what I "have" to do so the concept of doing more to simple do it absolutely blew/blows my mind. I want to remind you I am NOT perfect, only forgiven. So I still need help with things. :) I constantly desire to serve like Jesus but truthfully when God sends me serving opportunities I don't REALLY want to do it.

So many times we take the lazy approach in life, but we don't have to. If I truly desire to want to be like Jesus Christ then I will go one more mile than I have to, just because I can. Are you willing to go the extra mile? Let's not just do the work, let's go above and beyond what we have to. We are an example of who Jesus is. So if our example isn't a good one, people will be thrown off on who He is.

I love you all have a great week!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

What ya' got to say? :)