6.05.2009

The Promise He Gives

"...and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20

Jesus has given us many promises, one of the greatest ones is being given the promise of Salvation to everyone who believes in Him. And the second greatest would be being able to spend eternity with Him. And in my opinion, the third greatest promise is Him being with us always- even to the end of the world! But it is extremely easy to forget these promises when we are faced with trials, difficulties, hardships, etc.

I remember the first time I read that verse out of context. I thought, wow I've never read that before. I think that's because sometimes we don't break down a paragraph and focus on maybe a verse or two and then we miss a lot in the Word. I am guilty of sometimes just rushing through reading God's Word and not focusing completely. Jesus is helping me with that. :)

The above verse tells us that Jesus is with us ALWAYS, not just some of the time, but ALL-OF-THE-TIME. He is with you when your scared, happy, angry, alone, with people... He is with you everywhere. You may think why? Because He cares about you and loves you deeply.

Jesus tells in the same sentence that He is with us always, even to the END OF THE AGE. When the end of the world is occurring and people will feel abandoned and alone, Jesus gave us the promise in His Word that as hopeless as it may seem, He will be with us even at the end of the world.

So right now, I don't know personally what you are going through, but I do know that with the economy as it is right now and all the problems that seem to be arising life can be hard, really hard. But I want to remind you and to encourage you that no matter what is going on in your life right now Jesus is with you- ALWAYS. Never forget that! love you guys and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me always of God's goodness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always! I will never forget! Have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)