6.16.2009

"She Did What She Could"

"While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head. Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume? It could have been sold for more than a year's wages and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly. "Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her." Mark 14:3-9

The story above I love so much. It's an extremely good example of a person who completely loved the Lord with all her being. My favorite part of the passage is where Jesus said "she did what she could." Wouldn't you love to stand before Jesus one day and have Him say, "You did all you could for Me."?!! I adore that. What would happen if we as followers of Jesus did all that we could for His cause? A revolution would be sparked and lives would be CHANGED!!!!!

Another great thing I like about that passage is how even though people were telling her that what she was doing was stupid and wasteful and doesn't help at all, she was tough and kept going not caring what other people said about her. She had a "who cares" attitude for Christ. She could have easily said, "you know what they are right." And stopped right there, but she loved Jesus way too much to do that. She went through the persecution and tuned out the voices of the people around her and went forth with God's will for her. And because she did people will be talking about what she did for Jesus for years to come. All because she was willing.

I want to encourage you to not allow the people around you to affect your decisions to be a powerful, impactful leader for Jesus Christ. He loves you so much!!! And when you stand strong for Him He is extremely proud of you!!!!

I love you all!!! LIVE IN GOD'S BLESSINGS FOR YOUR LIFE!!

2 comments:

  1. that's one of my favorite passages :)


    I wanna be like her too


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that passage. Wouldn't it be great if we were all like her! Wonderful post with a great notation of the Scripture. Love and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)