7.17.2009

What's Your Food?

I read a really great verse that is found in John 4:34 which says,

"Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His Work.'"

So I started thinking about it, because that verse just fires me up, and this crossed my mind. What if our "food" was the same as Jesus'? Doing the will of the Father and finishing His Work. For sure our world would be better, and so would our lives. If I swallowed my pride and loved everyone as the Lord has commanded us to do, life would be better... for all of us.

We put all kinds of junk food into our body. Not just things like chips, candy, ice-cream, etc. But we also put "junk food" like TV shows that don't honor God, music that isn't glorifying to Him, being with people who don't lift Him higher. The list goes on. We have all done something that wasn't honoring to the Lord, and He knows that. He knows we ALL have fallen short of His glory and He understands. But we don't have to stay that way, He offers food for us to eat to help us with this battle between sin and us.

So I ask you, what type of food are you eating? Are you doing His will or your own? Talk to Him about your struggles. He can and will help you, all you have to do is. Hope you all have a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone ate the same 'food' that Jesus did. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, the world would be much better if we all hunger and at of the Lord. I love Our Lord God and hunger for Him. He's the food I eat. And when I catch myself eating junk, I switch back to wholesomeness and faith right away, as that is the only good meal that ever will be.
    I so love what you have to say. You are a blessings sweetie. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)