7.31.2009

Worship is Refreshing

I'm not sure if any of you have had a night of worship where it was just you and Jesus and no one else but it is absolutely amazing!!! I had one last night and it just amazes me how sometimes I don't spend as much time with the Lord as I really need such as just bumping things off of my list of things to do and sitting in His presence and loving on Him as He loves on me.

Sometimes we get so busy with stuff that we don't get to be as intimate with Him as we can be. I've learned something very important, if it is getting in the way of you and Jesus and not allowing you to be as close to Him as you can be, then get rid of it. Completely out of your life because your relationship with Him is way more important than your relationship with stuff or even people.

Alot of times we say that we want to get close to Jesus but we don't put any action behind that. You can pray about it all you want but in order to get more intimate and closer to the Lord you have to put more time in with Him and spend more time in His Word and worship and listening to Him. Only then can we grow.

So I challenge you this weekend to give Jesus just a few more minutes of your time and spend time with Him in His Word, worship, prayer, listening to Him, and journaling (if you choose). It will seriously rock your world because it has done the same for me. Worship is truly refreshing, and not just worship to music, but worship with your lifestyle. True worship to the King. I love you all and have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This was just what I needed to hear today. I SO want a closer relationship with God but that isn't going to happen unless I read his word. Thanks so much for the reminder.

    How do you spend your quiet time with the Lord? Through devotions, song, journaling? I'm curious to know as I'm trying to figure out my style of worship.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)