7.27.2009

You Are Chosen And Appointed

"You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain..." John 15:16

I really like that verse. For two reasons. One reason being that Jesus is telling us He has chosen us. That we are wanted by Him and that means a lot to me (and hopefully you). And reason two being that Jesus is telling us to bear fruit for Him and that our fruit remain. Basically saying we don't need to bear fruit that is meaningless and unsubstantial, but fruit that points people to Him and stands on His Word (which obviously is meaningful).

I want to ask you a question. Do you know that Jesus chose you? Or have you been going through life searching for someone to love you when all along He has loved you? Just take a few minutes to think about His love for you and that He has chosen you and that you are not a mistake. Once you begin to believe what God's Word says it will change your life... HE will CHANGE your LIFE.

Now I want to ask you another question. What kind of fruit do you bear? Good or bad? There is no in between. You are either furthering God's Kingdom (bearing good fruit) or you are furthering satan's (bearing bad fruit). I have had to take many moments and think about what kind of fruit I am bearing. Many times it hasn't been the right kind. And for that reason I wasn't able to receive all of the Lord's blessings for my life because I wasn't blessing other lives with Him. But I want to bear good fruit and so I pray that He helps me to do that. It's a work in progress.

So I hope you remember today that you are chosen and appointed by God to bear good fruit for Him. You ARE NOT A MISTAKE. I love you all very much and more importantly Jesus does!!!!!!!!!! Be Blessed! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)