8.11.2009

I Rejoice In Following Jesus!

“I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.”-Psalm 119:14

I read this on Bible gateway's site today and it sparked something in me. Do I really rejoice in doing God's commandments? Do you? We as Christians, do we take delight in doing as the Lord calls us? The answer can be yes and no, some of us do and some of us don't.

I was thinking about me and asking myself this question. I want to rejoice in following God's commandments because they are truly the best for my life and standards that NEED to be set up in me, but sometimes I feel like I am missing out (which really I'm not) and so I don't rejoice as I should. Do you do that sometimes too? Not be happy about following what God says simply because you feel like everyone else is having fun and your not?

One thing we (you and me) can do to be happy doing God's commandments and rejoice in them is compare our joy to the worlds. The worlds joy lasts but a few moments and then fades. Why? Because they don't have the One who satisfies and who is the Joy-Filler. Our joy (as Christians) is amazing (or should be). Why? Because we have Jesus, the One who loves us so unconditionally and incredibly and fills us with His joy that only He can give.

So really you and I are not missing out on anything in the long run. Jesus loves us so rejoicing in God's commandments shouldn't be difficult at all. All we really need is Him. And if you don't believe that, sorry to tell you, but you are wrong. When all is gone all you will have left is Him. He is everything! I pray this touches some one's heart. I love you all!!! I end this in saying, I rejoice in following Jesus!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)