9.16.2009

Faith in God or faith in men?

"And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:4-5

I read that verse last night and I love how it is just so clean and simple. The verse speaks something that is incredible but extremely easy to grasp but sometimes not as easy to do. The verse is saying that don't put your faith in men and allow someone who gives you that "mountain top" experience at church to become what you hold on to, but put your faith in God that no matter what the season or what's going on you know God is there and hold on to HIM.

I was so guilty of going to church for all the wrong reasons a few years ago. When I actually accepted Jesus into my heart and was growing in my personal relationship with Him I went to church because I was getting a high on Jesus from my pastor. But God brought to me that my faith is not based on feelings, because feelings come and go, but my faith is based on Him and His Word alone. It was a difficult truth to learn because things were telling me all this different stuff and people were basing their faith on feelings and I thought, why not me too? But God has taught me to go against the grain and allow myself to be not of this world but of His Word.

I want to challenge you to put your complete and total faith in God as will I and let's just let God be our King and Lord of our lives. I have a feeling that lives are gonna get changed. Don't be afraid to take a leap of faith, if you fall God will catch you. I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)