9.24.2009

Learning

I have been in a time of learning. Learning about myself and learning about God and learning about the people around me. It's been good and bad. Well, I wouldn't say bad... maybe hard is the word I'm looking for. It's just God has been showing me a lot of different things in my life. The good things and then some of the bad things that I don't need but I'm not sure about you (maybe you are a lot better than me) but I don't like having my mistakes pointed out or my faults pointed out. Somehow, regardless of how much I dislike my faults being pointed out, I have a difficult time not pointing other people's faults out. It's not like I'm trying to (believe me, I am definitely NOT trying to point other people's faults because I have tons of faults myself that's why I need a SAVIOR!) but somehow I end up doing it anyway. God is teaching me how to just accept people as they are because He is the only One who can change a person. I can try my hardest to make that person a certain way but only the Creator can restore and reshape what He has made (and what He has made is beautiful).

But I've been thinking and trying to figure out why I like to point out other people's faults. I think it might be because it makes me feel somehow a better person because I haven't done what "that" person has done or I'm not doing what "that" person is doing. Whatever the reason it's not right.

It's amazing how God knows exactly what I need to learn about because He always brings someone to me or something through the Internet or something that is speaking about the same thing I'm learning about. That's what He did this morning and I needed awhile to process it. The Lord gave me the example of ministry and who's ministry is greater, a world renowned minister or the person who led that minister to Christ? Neither are greater. Every body's ministry is great but what makes it great is not the person leading that ministry but the One that the ministry surrounds (Jesus). So it really started me thinking about the fact that I am not greater than anybody in this world and I am not better than anybody just because I am a follower of Jesus. We are all incredible, beautiful, talented, god gifted, blessed, loved, cared for people. Why? Because we are all created by One who makes us those things. And He loves you soo much and thinks you are the most beautiful person ever and you are the apple of His eye. He loves you no matter what you do!! He can be disappointed in you at times, but don't EVER let anybody tell you that Jesus doesn't love you, that is a LIE!!!! I'll end this post in a verse I read this morning that I think goes along pretty well with this,

"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love." - 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

This was a bit of what God has been teaching me about and I really wanted to share it with you. Love you all and hope you have a blessed night!

1 comment:

  1. hey there, it's nicole. (from wordpress - iamtwinner.wordpress.com) i really appreciate your comments on my blog. and thank you so much for praying for me. i was wondering if i could have your email address, or you can email me? i would like to share my testimony with you and maybe we can write back and forth privately. if you want, if not it's okay. i just figured it would be nice to share why i might seem like a "disturbed" or "troubled" person by what/how i write.

    you're a blessing.
    nicole.

    email: iamtwinner@me.com

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)