9.02.2009

Mine Forever

"My heart may fail, but not You, You are mine forever." - My God's Enough (Psalm 73) by Barlowgirl

That was what I was worshiping to this morning. And as I was singing those words my heart was crying out to God and really saying, God, I know that I won't live forever and that people will leave me and things will fade away but truly You are mine FOREVER. Those words are continually running through my mind now because it is just so true.

As I think about those words many things do cross my mind. Like how even though I know I have the Lord forever and that no one can take away my relationship with Him I sometimes don't live like I know that. And I know that sometimes I don't always live like I have hope even though I do. God has been convicting me of that because if I (a Christian) don't live like I have hope than how in the world can anybody else (not a Christian)?

If God is for us who can be against us? The answer to that question always stays the same, no one. People can hate us, people can say stuff about us but no one in this big world of ours can ever be against us. I have learned that people are looking for hope so much. They want to know that there is a God who loves them. And I have the chance to tell that one person, whoever they may be, that Jesus Christ loves them and forgives them and their hope can be found in Him.

I've decided that my attitude will reflect that I have God- forever. That no one can take Him away from me and I will live for Him regardless of the circumstances. There are too many chances in the world to share Jesus and to miss one simply because my attitude wasn't right would be a huge loss. Thank Jesus for gently pointing to our faults. He is AWESOME!!! Love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I spent some time reading over your inspirational quotes, and I really like this one:
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." Ralph Waldo Emerson

    I loooove collecting quotes. ;) You're a wonderful writer! Thanks for sharing your heart. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)