9.09.2009

Move

I've been learning something interesting about when God speaks. When God speaks to my heart and tells me to talk to someone about Him, I should move right then. But you know what, I don't always do that. What usually happens is I hear God tell me to talk to someone and I begin running through possible scenarios and then end of talking myself out of it. It's not like I try to talk myself out of it, it just happens.

But God has been showing me that in order to do His will I have got to stop questioning everything and just move on His Word and will. Much easier said than done, but if I allow myself to get in the way of His will life is gonna be messed up. I have a God who is so mighty and big and just wonderful and I spend my time trying to get Him to not "make" me do something that maybe is uncomfortable for me to do.

But that's what being a follower of Jesus is all about. Being willing to get out of the comfort zone and be uncomfortable and do God's will. In God's Word He says, "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." Romans 11:29 So we can't get away from His will. What He has called us to do we should do. There shouldn't be any fear because God is always with us (Joshua 1:9) and in the Bible He tells us 365 times to not be afraid. That's a "Do Not Be Afraid" for every day. We have nothing and no one to fear.

So let's step out and be who God has called us to be. Lets move!!!! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. I have this issue too. I dont always move when God nudges me, and sometimes he needs to push me hard. Im trying hard to work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful post. I have a friend who I think should read this, and I hope that the Holy Spirit will touch her with this message. :)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)