9.23.2009

Random Thoughts...

Okay I really need to get this out because it has been bothering me for quite some time.

Why is it that people cuss so much? And I don't mean just "people" but Christian people. And not just Christian people, but Christian people who are in the spotlight (musicians, authors, actors, etc.)? I know that none of us are perfect and that we all have this incredible need of a Savior but how can we as Christians say we are 'different' from the world when we act just like the world? We can't.

I'm not being judgemental (at least I don't mean to) but it really bothers me that there are people who claim themselves as a Christian artist and speak with such foul language. What I know is that people watch me. The Bible warns us that there are gonna be people who look at you and by your example will know if you are serious or not about your relationship with Christ and that is how they will determine whether or not they want to be a Christian.

I once read a story about a man who said that he didn't want to be a Christian and when asked why he said this,
"Because when I go to Church I see people just like me, gossiping and hating people. Why would I become a Christian if all that changed was what I called myself?" And when I think about that it's just crazy how what he said is true (for some) but we can all change that by being what we say we are. I always remember that actions speak louder than words.

I have a statement to make.

I am a follower of Jesus. I fail everyday and only by God's grace am I able to pick myself up after such a fall. I mess up, slip up, and make excuses for myself but in all God is here with me holding my hand and guiding me along the way to be a better person and ultimately live a life that actually glorifies Him. I choose to be above the world not because I think I'm better than everybody else but to show that God is my Lord and He who I am living for.

You have a statement too, what is it? More importantly does your statement match up with your actions? I think I need to take a closer look at my life, have the Lord weed out the things I don't need and in the place of those things add in more of Himself. What about you? Take a closer look. I love y'all and hope you have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Ok.. I reread that one phrase where you said that Christian people (ALL) cuss so much. I attend a Catholic school, and obviously, I have asked that question. And what's the answer? Free will. God gave us free will.. [Begins when HE created Adam and Eve]
    But since that moment when the first sin was ever created, sins had spread... And cussing is a sin. I must blame to all humans who have made such words up.
    Thanks for the BLOG!
    It's amazing
    (if you disagree with me, please comment back)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)