9.28.2009

Sacrifice?

What would the world look like if I lived in a sacrifice my things way? Maybe that doesn't make sense. Well, I have been thinking (do that a lot lately) and I was trying to figure out, when was the last time I sacrificed my things, time, money, SOMETHING, to help someone else out and spread the Gospel? To be honest, I can't say I have. I am blessed greatly by God and I have a lot of things (material that is) but spiritually what things do I have? Better yet, how do I use them? Or do I even use them at all? Not sure.

I am very well aware that God calls us all to do something. 'Do' being the focus word. We can talk all we want and tell everybody what we are going to do, but until we actually put actions behind those words it means nothing. Talk is cheap, that is very true.

As I sit here eating my breakfast and thanking God for it, I am saddened and annoyed. I am saddened that I have food to eat and yet there are so many people out there who go without eating. And I am annoyed with myself because I haven't done anything to help these people. I judge way too quickly and I choose not to think about the people who need my help because when I don't think about it, I don't feel that bad. But right now that I am thinking about these people I want to get down on my knees and really feel their pain. Jesus did that all the time and still does with us. I want to get down on my knees and pray for them and cry tears for them because I don't want to be numb to the incredible people around me.

I have to ask myself and ask you too, have you felt the pain of other people? Have you really and truly prayed for people? Are you in need of that kind of prayer for yourself? (if so please leave me a comment) I am second, always. I will never be first because God is first. I am ready to love sacrificially. I am ready to sacrifice money, things, time, food in order to do the Lord's will for my life. I want to really love God and really love people. It's time to stop talking so much and start doing things. This was on my heart this morning. be blessed guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)