9.17.2009

Understanding

God has been teaching me something that I want to share with you. I feel like I've been growing and maturing spiritually. I feel like I'm not drinking milk anymore but that I am finally able and ready to eat God's food (read 1 Corinthians 3:2-3 if you don't understand what I mean). I don't understand all the things in this world and why they go on and become what they are but I do understand that God has a plan in everything and everyone. I understand that even when all things seem to go wrong God is still there.

But there are still things in this world that I have to sit and scratch my head about. I pray about why it happens and still don't get it. I think the reason for that is because if I understood every single thing that happens in this world I wouldn't need wisdom or help because I would know and understand everything. That's one of the many reasons we NEED God, because if we didn't know the Lord and search Him and His Word we wouldn't have any peace at the times when we are confused and lonely and don't know why something is the way it is.

What am I supposed to do? Why does "this" have to happen? Do people have to act "that" way? How can I live for You? What do You have in Your plans for me? Those are just some of the questions I wish I had all the answers to and understood. But I'm not the Lord (duh!) and I don't understand half the things that He does and I am learning to be okay with that. I don't have to understand everything and I don't need to. Sometimes it's best if I don't know some of the reasons for why things happen. The Lord is my Savior and He is all I need and He is my hiding place and I have nothing to fear.

I love you all and hope you are so blessed today!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so good! You know it's wild, but am going through the same with growing and maturing. He's been feeding me so much and it's been great. I've come to accept the things I can not change, and placed it in the hands of the Lord.
    You are a beatiful woman and am happy to hear of your strenght growing! Am so thankful to finally be able to visit and comment again. Can't wait to have time to catch up. Have missed you greatly. Love and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)