9.18.2009

What Is Worship?

So today during worship I was sitting on the floor and all of a sudden this question popped into my head,

what is worship?

So I started to think and ask God to reveal to me what worship is. I thought about it for a while and then decided to look up what the word worship means in the dictionary and here is what it says,

Worship - reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.

So that's what the WORD means, but what does worship really mean? I think my definition of worship is to place the focus off of myself and onto the Lord and who He is. I think it is placing all trust and hope in Him and letting Him have control. I think worship is not being afraid to say that you love God and want to live according to His will.

Worship can mean many different things depending on the person. Some people are more quiet and others are more.. well loud! And different personalities means different meanings and different ways of worshipping. Either way, it really doesn't matter what you worship like as long as it is to the Lord and honoring to Him.

But I want to challenge you since God has challenged me to think about worship this weekend and ask God to show what worship means to you. It's time to stop letting the world tell us what to think and say and do and let God tell us. Love y'all and have a blessed weekend!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love that you asked God and he led you to an answer. It really is as simple as asking God, he always answers!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)