9.11.2009

The Worst

I learned something about myself that I'm not very proud of. When it comes to people I don't know I tend to think the worst of them before I think the better. It's not like this was something I was doing on purpose, I really and truly didn't realize it. But none the less I was doing it and I shouldn't have. I am not perfect and only forgiven by God's grace. Amen!

God brought me this passage in Romans 14:1-4 today,
"Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables. Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does eat judge him who eats; for God has received him. Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand."

I have no right to judge anyone or think the worst of someone because we are all the Lord's (Romans 14:8) and God loves us all equally. God broke me with that passage and is teaching me that He alone is the Judge. I guess the reason that I thought the worst of people was because it makes me feel better about myself. Thank You, Jesus, for being faithful in pointing me straight when I get it wrong. God is so good and just and faithful. I strive now to think the best of people before even thinking about the bad. Be blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)