10.20.2009

Breaking Heart for His Child

"Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world." Philippians 2:14-15

I read that verse this morning when I was spending time with the Lord. It seemed to really jump out at me and it also fits in with something I was thinking about yesterday and this morning.

As some of you may have heard, there was a UConn player named Jasper Howard who stabbed to death Sunday. He had been at a dance and gotten into an argument. Sources say that an arrest might be made today. But in the midst of it all I was just thinking about how it seems no one can make a mistake anymore. You get into a little fight with someone and then someone gets ticked off and takes it further than it should have ever gone. It makes me sad and angry and frustrated. That 20 year old college student was the first in his family to go to college. He grew up in a horrific neighborhood in south Florida and moved to a place where he thought it would be safer. He started building a name for himself and just this past Saturday had an incredible game. All the talent and things he had going for him were just snatched away in a split second. It's not fair. That's life - it is never fair.

It makes me think that right now we need leaders to rise up now more than EVER before. WE (us -you and me) need to BE the lights of the world. Because some of our generation is crooked and perverse, and then you have some that aren't (you and me and Jasper). My heart is broken for this guy and all the others out there who are killed or hurting in our world. Tears are welling up in my eyes right now just thinking about these beautiful children of God. They and you don't deserve the awful things that life has dealt you. The mean things that people say or do, it just isn't fair to you.

You are prince or princess of the Most High, don't forget that! You have a purpose specifically made for you by God. He doesn't need you, but He does WANT you. You play a special part in the body of Christ and when you don't put in the effort to play the role God has for you it doesn't turn out right for both you and our world. You make a difference and an impact.

Another thing that Jasper Howard has reminded me is that life really is short. No one is guaranteed another day or hour or even a minute. Which is why it is so vital to get right in our relationships with the Lord and live out His plan for us. I had forgotten that. So I thank God and Jasper for reminding me. Through this tragic crime God will be glorified. Please join me in prayer for his family, friends, and teammates. All of which are suffering right now and could use some support. And if you don't know Jesus please let me know. If you are ready to accept Him and get your life together before it is too late you can pray the prayer on the side of my blog (in pink). Then please, please, please leave me a comment so I can pray for you during the most exciting journey of your life! :) I love you all so much and pray you have a blessed day!!

1 comment:

  1. I have just written a blog post you might be interested in. Take a peek!http://tracey-jane.blogspot.com/2009/10/mastering-me.html

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)