10.22.2009

Desires, Goals, Purpose

This verse pretty much sums up my heart and life this week, "I delight to Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my heart." - Psalm 40:8 I really do delight to do God's will for my life. It's my desire to do His will, but sometimes it's difficult doing it when all these lies from satan come into my head and just start blabbing at me. Has that ever happened to you? Doesn't it make you annoyed? Maybe not, but for me it really annoys me. But the thing that Jesus has been teaching me (or trying to anyway) is that HE is the TRUTH. What anybody else says really and truly does not matter because He needs to be overall Voice in my life. I WANT His voice to be the end all be all of my life. He really means the world to me and I want my actions to show that. I want people to be able to look at me and say, "hey, she really does want to do God's will and even though she fails sometimes and messes up big time (because I am not perfect) she still knows that God's grace covers that all and continues forth in the race toward the goal of life (Eternity with Jesus)."

I want God's Word to be within my heart - IN my heart. I have been learning about junk food. I'm not talking about the junk food you eat physically, but the junk food you eat spiritually. Spiritually I allow some things via the Internet, TV, music, etc that come into my mind and mess me up. God has been teaching me that my flesh is weak (which is why we have a NEED for Him and spending time with Him) but I have to be strong in Him and push away from the TV shows or whatever that make my mind a battlefield between me and it. The things that don't honor Him and benefit my relationship with Him.

Actually Psalm 40:8 is the verse of the week, but I haven't really been following it. God brought some questions for me to ask myself before I do anything,
Will this benefit Jesus and I and our relationship?
Will this help me achieve my purpose and goals in life?
Will this be an example or chance to share the Lord with somebody?

The answers to those questions, if it the best thing to do, is yes. If what I am wanting to do or about to do has even one no to one of those questions then I am not doing it. My eyes can become so cloudy sometimes and I lose sight of what the REAL and TRUE purpose of my being here on earth is, and that is to love God and love others. To love is to fulfill all of God's laws because you can't murder, steal, hate, etc if you have love. Real love is sharing with the people true Life (Jesus). Why? Because no one should suffer in Hell simply because there was a person who was too shy to share Jesus with them. I don't want to be that reason that someone didn't know the Lord. I am follower of Jesus. I FOLLOW Jesus. Jesus told the world of the Father, I follow in telling the world about Him, too.

This is what God has been teaching me and He laid it on my heart to share it with you. Many blessings to you all!! love ya'!!

3 comments:

  1. Your comments always make me so good! God is using you! I am soooo thankful we are friends..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a GEM! Thank you for your encouraging words! I hope I get to meet you one day - the next time I head down south! I love you back! Keep writing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's deep. we really do need 2 be careful of the stuff we let into our minds & hearts bcuz alot of stuf that we consider 2 be "nothing" can actually make us drift from God.
    Keep inspiring others! <3

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)