10.13.2009

Living the Width of Life

"I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well." - Ackerman

That is a good quote. It says a lot. I have been thinking about it and it's really a serious thing of we have one life to live, how we choose to live it is really our choice. We can choose to live as a life surrendered over to Jesus and be blessed or live life selfishly for ourselves and not be as blessed.

I used to live life for myself. Wow, it was stupid of me, but I really didn't know the satisfaction I would get by not living for myself, but living for the One around me. Now I know and it gives me such a great feeling of actually DOING something rather than just doing things for myself that only benefit myself. Being apart of God's Kingdom is one of the most satisfying, amazing, incredible journey's I can EVER be apart of. And it definitely is. It is such a blessing in my life to be able to have a relationship with God and even though He doesn't need me or my help, He allows me to be used in furthering Him and His Kingdom. I love that!!

Living the "width" of life is living for Christ. Making life matter. Being a part of something much bigger than myself or yourself. What are you a part? I would love for you to be on team Jesus. :) Another brother or sister in this family would be awesome. And the great thing is our family will NEVER get too big or too crowded- there is always room for another person. And that person can be you. Allow Jesus in your heart today! He loves you!!! Stay blessed!

1 comment:

  1. it feels good to give back to God and other people who really need it.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)