10.25.2009

Love, Love, Love

Something that the Lord has been revealing to me is love. Ya' know, love is what we are called to do. It's not just an action, it's a way to be, but sometimes there are people who are just so HARD to love that I don't want to. I mean, haven't you had someone say or do something to you that was just totally uncalled for? And isn't it hard to love them? Well, certainly for me there are "those" people in my life. I wanted to not love them, to just let them go because really are they gonna notice anything different if I don't love them? I mean, if they really wanted my love they wouldn't be talking junk about me, right? Regardless of whether they do or don't want my love, they definitely want SOME BODY'S love and that Somebody is Jesus.

The people around you and me are searching. Maybe even you, yourself are searching. What you're searching for is love. Deep within each of us is our love tank and everybody NEEDS to fill their love tank. The love tank inside of you ultimately needs to be filled with Jesus and His love, but also there is room for love from certain people like friends and family. However some of us fill our love tanks with the wrong people. Instead of finding those godly friends, we find the ones who are into drinking and partying and let them inside of our hearts. Then, they take advantage of that and we get our hearts hurt bad which then leads to being one of "those" people who is hard to love. Why? Because hurting people hurt people. When I'm hurt I hurt others and I'm guessing you probably do the same. But we have got to stop the cycle because if we don't what God wants for us all can't be accomplished.

I want to love others. I cannot let something get in the way of that. My goal in life is to love God and love others. That to me, if fulfilling God's will and plan. Sure, there are things in between that, but when someone sees or hears about me I want them to say that I love God with all of my being and that I love people regardless. So here I am writing this and praying silently that the Lord will help me to achieve this. He knows me. He knows my heart. And He knows you. And I hope you know Him and His love for you, because if you don't, you have no idea what you are missing. I end this with a beautiful passage from 1 Corinthians 13:4-8,

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)