10.10.2009

The Shack


I just got done reading one of the most amazing books I have ever read (besides the Bible:). There have been many books that I thought there is no book better than "this", or there is no book better than "this one", but truly this book tops them all. Or at least all the books I have read thus far. The book is called 'The Shack' by William Paul Young. This book is just... incredible! It took me a few days to read because I didn't want to rush through it and miss anything but the journey I have gone along during the period of time I read this book has been really amazing.
It's really funny all the things I have learned from some of the most "obvious" things , yet they weren't obvious to me. God has taught me more than I thought I could know about Him and in Him, through this book. I have laughed, thought deeply, cried, asked forgiveness and many more things through the reading of this book. So many things I thought about the Lord have been reversed to how I saw God to seeing Him as He is right NOW.
Okay, so now time to challenge you, my beautiful friend. I want to challenge you to get this book and as soon as you get it- read it. Yup, that is my challenge. To read this book. It may seem like a lame challenge or stupid even, but I can promise you that this book will change your thinking about the Lord and about life and about why bad things happen and why God lets them happen and so forth. I could tell you right now about all of it, but that would spoil the book for you. It beautiful story and really I hope you get this book. It truly is a MUST read. I am still processing everything I just read. Stay blessed and have a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, i came upon your page coincidentally and I was wondering if you could contact me. I have some questions I'd like to ask and I think you could help. My email address is lady_ellice@hotmail.com
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the Shack and loved it! I read one chapter at a time and let it all sink in instead of rushing through. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)