10.19.2009

Who's Leading Who?

Well I was gonna post this yesterday, but I wasn't feeling it, so I didn't. So here I am posting what I experienced yesterday during worship. :)

I was worshipping and for some reason I was just having some trouble staying focused on the Lord. I was going through all the things I needed to do and some of the things I wanted to do and finally Jesus was speaking to me and said, "Let ME lead you." I knew at that moment what He was speaking about and why. I spend way too much time trying to make sure everything is just so and works out just like I want it and regardless of how many times He tells me to let Him be the Driver I still don't always listen and end up getting everything messed up.

I can sometimes be a perfectionist. Most of the time I'm not, but I do have my moments. And God is just speaking to me saying, "Forget everything you once held dear to your heart and let Me place the things I have for you in it. Let Me lead you in the direction I want you to go in. Let Me have your heart again." It's like I thought I had given the Lord my whole heart and then I got this amazing wake up call that was like, "you might think you have given Me every piece of you, but you are still holding back. You don't have to because I love you." That should be enough. His love for me. But I hold back anyway. I thought I wonder why that is. Well there are several reasons. All of us have been hurt at one time or another. It's part of life. We will hurt others and others will hurt us. As much as I just want everyone to love one another that can't happen until we all begin to see and know the love that Christ has for us - His Bride. When we get hurt we hold back. Why? Because we are all scared we may get hurt again. I know I am so guilty of holding back from God and friends simply because I'm not sure if I can trust them enough to not stab me in the back.

But God will NEVER stab any of us in the back. He WON'T. He tells us that His grace is sufficient for us. "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9 In our weaknesses HE is lifted higher and because of that our hearts can be lifted higher up to Him to let Him take care of. Our lives can be given to Him completely because He truly is trustworthy and will take care of us and treasure us as the children of the Most High (which is who you and I are:).

So here I sit, rededicating my life to the Lord forever and allowing Him once again to sit in the Drivers seat and go with me in this journey of life. He can have everything I have to offer because it does no good for me to hold on to it. HE is my EVERYTHING. Love ya'! Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. He is MY everything too! and I admit I struggle with these things too. I give my all to God only to realize I slowly take some of it back. It is a neverending cycle. So I try to do my best to give it to God and leave it with him.

    Great Post! (you always have great posts!!)

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)