11.09.2009

Humble Me

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:10

This is my verse for the week. Right now I am really trying to let it sink into my life and heart. Sometimes it is so hard to be humble. Especially when everything around us - TV, Internet, music, books, etc., tells us that we are great and make the world a better place and... blah blah blah. It isn't true though. I mean, yes you are fearfully and wonderfully made, the Word of God says that (check out Psalm 139), but we aren't meant to live as though the world revolves around us. It revolves around Him and when we realize that and live like that, then we can be lifted up by Jesus.

I struggle a lot sometimes with being humble and making sure that I know that everything is about Him. It isn't easy, for sure. That is why I am so glad to have an understanding God who will walk hand in hand with me (and you) and help me get through the struggles and trials that I face every single day. I can trust that Jesus has my back and that when everything tells me something different, He has the ultimate say so in my life. That is why I am not of this world, because the world tells us to "go with the flow" and "be your ultimate power" but the Bible says to draw near to God and He will draw near to us. To let Him define us and to trust in Him with all our heart and not lean on our own understanding. When we trust in Him, when we humble ourselves and let Him be God, to say we are blessed is an under statement. Blessings really don't have to physically be something in my opinion. A blessing can simply be an attitude change or an understanding of something that is hard to grasp. Those are blessings to me.

Anyway, I wanted to invite you to use this as your verse for the week and live it. It won't be easy, but God never said that life would be easy. But He did say that He will go through everything with us and that we have nothing to fear. I am going to try and live it as best as I can. If I fail today, I will pick it back up tomorrow and try harder. He is a forgiving God. Jesus, humble me. I love you all! Stay blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What ya' got to say? :)