11.14.2009

Myself or Him?

"They say so much to just be yourself...but myself is so selfish! Why not more focus on being who Jesus is in you??" - Sarah Barlow

The above quote was from Sarah Barlow on twitter. If you want to check out her blog it is: http://sarahannephotography.blogspot.com/

I love what she said. Right after I read it I immediately agreed. People always say, "just be yourself." or "don't let people tell you who you are, just be you." but if I really am myself then chances are I'm going to be selfish, mean, envying the things I see, and so much more. Why not focus more on Jesus in me and who HE desires for me to be. I mean there is something none of us can change and that is that we are sinners. We were born into sin, and whether we want it to be that way or not, it is the way it is. We can't change it, but we can allow Jesus to change us and begin living in us and living through us.

I will always be a sinner. Probably because if I weren't I probably would have no need for a Savior. There is no way in the world to change the fact that I am a sinner and that I fail God all the time. That is my real self. But if I allow Jesus, to live in me and through me, then maybe my second self can be Him in me. I'm not sure, maybe not, but I know that I can at least try and let my second self be Him in me.

How about you? Are you gonna be yourself, or let it be God in you that shines through it all? Have a blessed weekend! Jesus loves you so much!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. as people we grow. at first we are mean, spiteful and whatever other negative names in the dictionary. but as you said letting Jesus live in us is the key. but we can also be more than out spiteful ways. we can be more than our sins. don't let "because we are sinners" ever hold you back from accomplishing anything for God. we are stained but He can make us white as snow!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)