12.11.2009

I've Used Your Grace To Do What I Please

"Time after time, I've used Your grace as a way to do what I please." Never Give Up on Me by Josh Bates

This morning I was worshiping and this song came on. That lyric above really stood out to me. Why? Because it's true. I've been reading the Book of Revelation and it has been opening my eyes more and more. Sometimes I forget what I am working towards and what my goal is. God has been revealing to me that life is much more than what I have been thinking it is. Pretty tough lesson to be learning.

Anyway, so when I heard that part of the song this morning I realized that that is exactly what I have been doing. I have been doing what I want and then taking for granted God's grace and what He did so that we could have this open door with Him. I started to cry because I mean, that's not something I want to do. I feel like I have been using God so that I can do whatever I want and live as I please. The problem here is submission. When I don't submit to God (because I think I know better, or want to do what I want to do) then it really becomes nothing but using Him. I read this this morning:

"Submit to God and be at peace with Him; in this way prosperity will come to you." - Job 22:21

Submitting to God is the answer to the problem. The grace of God simply brings me to my knees and strikes me in awe of Him. We serve such an Awesome God that even when we mess up, He can and will forgive us as long as we come to Him with a repentant heart.

I sit here typing this as I have submitted myself back to God. I am ready to be serious about my goal in life and where He leads me. I am forgiven. I am redeemed. I am chosen. I am FREE!!! God has SET. ME. FREE. and I cannot thank Him enough. You can be set free too. Just ask Him. Ask and you shall receive. Jesus loves you!!! Stay blessed!

2 comments:

What ya' got to say? :)