12.20.2009

What Does Christmas Mean?

What does Christmas mean?

Christmas is so special. Its a time of giving and receiving. A time of celebrating. A time to spend with family. But sometimes the meaning of Christmas gets lost in all of that. What does Christmas mean? It means this:

"For God so loved the world (you and me) that He gave His one and only Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

That's it. It means God brought a Baby into the world for US so that we can live for HIM, to die on the Cross for US so that we don't have to spend eternity in Hell, but can live forever with Him in Heaven. That is the true meaning of CHRISTmas.

I was watching "The Grinch" with Jim Carrey (one of my favorite movies) a couple nights ago and in it the Grinch says, "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store, maybe.. just maybe it means just a little bit more." I really like that because it is true. It gives a bit more depth than just go out and buy presents and get presents. He is saying that Christmas isn't just about buying things or getting things, but celebrating something... Someone bigger than ourselves.

I can get so wrong this time of year thinking it is all about the presents. Nothing is wrong with giving or receiving, not at all. However losing sight of why we celebrate Christmas; that is something very wrong.

I want to remind you that the reason for the season is Jesus Christ and celebrating not only His birth, but also why He came to this earth and what He did for us. He loves you! Blessings to you and have a Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful written reminder ;)
    Thanks for your comment :) I like to write things so simple and so profound ( like you said :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!

    I really enjoyed your blogger! I could read some things you wrote and it was good for me and think about my life.

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thank you so much for answered me! My English isn't so good, but i'd like to keep touch with you.

    You write good things about God and your life, maybe I can learn so much with you. I'm christian too.

    I'll try to write somethings in English in my blogger :)

    Where are you from? Do you have e-mail ou messagem?

    Hope you answer again!

    Kisses!

    God bless you!

    Luciana

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)