12.17.2009

Who You're Not Holds You Back

"It's not who you are that holds you back... it's who you think you're not." - Author Unknown

This is so true. Why is it that we let the things that we are not hold us back? It doesn't make sense to me. I let some of the dumbest things hold me back simply because I feel as though I can't do something or I don't have the ability when the Lord is telling me that HE can do ANYTHING; not just some things, but ALL THINGS!

The fear of the unknown is what holds us back. The fear that you may fail and people may see that holds us back. Maybe not for you, but for me I know it does. My heart has been shattered into a million different pieces before and the only One able to heal that is God. The fear that my heart may be shattered again has held me back to a certain extent.

But the truth is, God has given me LIFE and my life is meant to be lived in Him not in fear. So is yours. You don't need to fear what you're not because we are human beings who will fail and when we fail and fall flat on our faces God is there to pick us back up and forgive us. He is a GREAT God and knows all. He knows you. He knows me. That is so great to have a loving God who knows us and wants to know us and wants us to know Him. It truly is Awesome.

My challenge to myself and to you is to as though you can do anything through Christ because that is the cold hard truth. You CAN do anything through Christ and He gives you the strength to do so. Don't think that you can't do anything and don't ever let someone tell you that you can't do something. Let people see the BIG God we serve through our actions, living as we should, God can do anything. Jesus loves you so much! Merry CHRISTmas! Stay blessed!

4 comments:

  1. Great post again my friend :)
    Thanks for your sweet comment, those peanut butter bars are SO addictive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your challenge. May I use your blog for a devotion? I will give you credit for it. Your writing is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)