1.28.2010

Are You Tired?

Sometimes I get tired. Not just physically, but mentally and spiritually too. Right now my life is kind of like that. My emotions are worn out, my body is slightly tired, and mentally I am in need of some rejuvenation.

What do you do when you're tired?

Sleep, right? Or rest (whatever term you want to use ;) Our hearts are like that too. Sometimes you just need some rest. Where do you find that rest? In Jesus. How do you rest? By spending time with Him, talking to Him, listening to His voice- all of that will rest you. I've learned that. 1 Corinthians 9:24 says, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." That's what we are doing right now, running the race. Just like in all races you have to keep up pace, go the distance, but that doesn't mean that you won't don't get tired or want to stop. The point is to not stop, to keep running, but make sure you rest yourself in the Lord.

Things get complicated and that wears on you. A situation that isn't the best, a person that doesn't treat you well, a place that isn't welcoming to you, all of that makes you tired. Why? Sometimes it's because we don't trust Jesus to do what He says He will do. We don't think He can get us through whatever it is that is bothering us and not going our way. Sometimes its because it is simply just a darn right hard situation. I know each of them fairly well. Currently I am in a situation that is difficult and sometimes I don't want to keep running the race, but then I think back to my goal: the finish line (Heaven) and that changes my thoughts. I want to get to the end of my life and find that it really isn't the end, just beginning and that my new beginning life is going to be started with Jesus Christ face to face.

I want to encourage you who are tired or in a difficult situation or are just not sure you want to keep running the race. Keep going! Keep pushing forth and keep working towards that Finish Line. The Lord says He will help you. He will hold your hand as you go through life. Don't believe me? Check out Isaiah 42:6 with me, "I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness, and I will hold your hand; I will keep you as a covenant to the people, as a light to the Gentiles." God has a plan for you. Don't give up! Jesus loves you! Stay blessed! And if you need prayer for something leave a comment below. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi...Yes, I have one booklet left...They went so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am...wonderful post! Love the scripture!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)