1.21.2010

Conversations with the Voiceless




I finished reading Conversations with the Voiceless by John Wessells. This book is amazing. I learned so much through it. This book has many different stories regarding what John does and that is sing worship songs and share Jesus and His love with the comatose. I think a lot of people think of the comatose as not really human beings, because they "can't" think for themselves or whatever but clearly through the stories of these people they certainly can think for themselves and I think maybe they know something that maybe we as human beings don't.
God revealed a lot through this book. I learned that it is okay to ask questions. Sometimes it feels like you shouldn't ask questions and certainly not ask God questions because that may make your relationship with God not as good, but John pointed out that when we ask God questions it actually draws us nearer to Him because He is the only One who can answer those questions. I also learned that sometimes just sitting down and talking with people (and especially listening) can be the most kind thing you can do for someone. Sometimes people just need to someone to listen to them.

I really encourage you to go out and get this book. There will be moments you cry, moments you laugh, moments that leave you thinking about things. It is really a beautiful book and I think that it will definitely help change your thinking a little. Love and blessings to you all!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thank you so much for your answer. Well.. I really, really need prayer. But i can say the reason here.. May I send you a e-mail?

    Hope your answer.

    Luciana

    ReplyDelete
  2. My e-mail is

    luciana_mira@hotmail.com

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog you have! Thank you for stopping by!! Look forward to getting to know you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, your comments on my devotions truly make my day! I thank God for knowing you. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

What ya' got to say? :)